Dental Insurance Verification Services Company
Insurance verification is the process of verifying the patient’s eligibility, active benefits and coverage with the insurance companies to prevent billing issues.
For any dental practice, successful billing is entirely dependent on correct and complete dental insurance verification (IV). Owing to the increase in the number of people getting insured, it has become difficult for several practices to manage the dental insurance verification (IV) workload in-house.
Our experts undertake the process of verifying patients’ eligibility, active benefits and coverage with the insurance company for you. To prevent claim rejection, it is important to get dental insurance verification done before rendering services as there are chances of patient’s benefits being outdated, patient having incorrect information or the policy being terminated or modified. Any such information could get the claim denied.
Our experts work round-the-clock to obtain information from insurances through website and fax. They also call them regularly to get every patient’s history as it affects treatment planning. They take care of all these tasks so that you can focus on your patients without any worry.
Dental insurance verification is all about assessing a patient’s active coverage with the insurance provider. It also involves verifying the eligibility of their insurance claims. To ensure approval of the claim, a verification process is done before the patient has already started up with the treatment and other processes.
A patient calls your office to book an appointment for Dental Treatment. Your staff asks them questions about whether his treatment is covered by any Insurance plan. If yes the front office takes details of the insurance coverage which includes:
- Patients Name
- Patients DOB
- Member ID
- Continues / Recall / New Patient etc.
What Happens Next?
Your staff calls the insurance provider. However, due to certain reasons, the call is put on hold. This could be either the representative is busy navigating the information or unable to find the patient’s data. All this ends up taking a lot of time. Meanwhile, your office’s phones are ringing and not being answered because your staff is engrossed figuring out patient’s insurance benefits. Believe it or not, it ain’t that simple!
Here comes the role of dental insurance verification company. You can have Capline’s experts call the insurance company get all the insurance information ready.
So, we will be sitting on the phones and freeing up your staff to do anything else except the verification part because dental insurance verification is our forte.
How Capline Handles Dental Insurance Verification for Your Practice?
Get patient insurance details via an online form
Follow up and verify patient’s benefits
We make sure that your patients are fully informed about what expenses they owe before treatment begins
Our agents call insurance company, verify patient plans, coverage and other required information
We make sure that every details in your record is accurate
We have an IV form for sharing the information with dental offices
- Get patient insurance details via an online form
- Our agents call insurance company, verify patient plans, coverage and other required information
- Follow up and verify patient’s benefits
- We make sure that every details in your record is accurate
- We make sure that your patients are fully informed about what expenses they owe before treatment begins
- We have an IV form for sharing the information with dental offices
Why Is Dental Insurance Verification Important?
For the Practice
- Give clarity on which services are covered and uncovered.
- Gives an overview of the services that the patient needs to be billed or not.
- Helps your staff easily explain the patient’s responsibility on the spot. Speedier cash flow.
- No more guessing around whether your patients will be receiving their reimbursements on time or not.
For the Patient
- Patients are prepared for any extra cost once they verify coverage.
- Patients will be able to create a payment plan, if necessary.
- No more hidden surprises as far as billing is concerned.
- Patients are prepared of the amount they require to pay once the coverage is verified.
- Patients do not deny paying bills. This ultimately turns advantageous for the practice.
Outsourced Dental Insurance Verification OR
In House Dental Insurance Verification:
Which One to Choose?
Why Outsourcing Dental Insurance Verification Makes Sense?
- Dental Insurance verification requires specialized knowledge and skill to get it done in a timely and efficient manner. This is the reason dental offices feel the need to outsource dental insurance verification.
- With the constantly changing policies, it becomes quite obvious for an unexpected fee to be overlooked. Hiring a proficient in the process gives peace of mind and ensures that all tasks are being done correctly.
- It also allows your staff to focus on scheduling the appointment and patient engagement.
- When you have a team that makes the dental insurance verification process easier, you can focus on giving your patients outstanding dental care.
- If your practice experiences higher volume, it is worth outsourcing an expert team who handles all your funds efficiently.
Why In House Dental Insurance Verification Goes Wrong?
- Even the smallest wrong information can lead to the entire form being rejected. If you do not speak to dental insurance verification companies, there are increased chances of errors occurring while fetching patient’s data.
- A lot of time goes wasted in gathering inaccurate data and confirming claims.
- Rejection in claims due to mismatched information.
You don’t want your patients to get annoyed when they realize that their treatment isn’t covered properly. Similarly, you would also not want their forms to get rejected because of an inappropriate detail. This is where outsourcing comes in!
What Is the Process of Dental Insurance Verification?
We are quick at finding out the information from the insurance provider. We match all the details with the insurance representative to ensure that there are no obligations on the part of patients. Our experts call the insurance company to check information like policy holder’s name, policy number, group number, employer’s name, phone number, etc.
We Verify the Following:
- Effective date of coverage
- Coverage terminated? If yes, what date?
- In-network benefits (co-payment amount)
- Deductible amount
- Has deductible been met?
- Co-insurance amount
- Other out-of-pocket expense
- Benefits for treatment?
- Is a referral necessary?
- Is prior-authorization necessary?
- Out-of-network benefits?
- Out-of-network financial responsibilities?
- History of Services
What Is the Turnaround Time?
Normal IV: The standard turn around to complete a normal IV is up to 48 hours and also depends upon the insurance companies call volume which may result in longer wait time on the IVR.
Rush IV: Any IV reported within a time frame of 2 hours to 24 hours prior to the patient’s appointment time will be considered as a rush IV, our turn around time is up to 2 hours from the time of entering the patient’s information in the IV tracker.
What Is the Cost of Getting IV Done Through Capline Dental Services?
Our rates are economical.
- New Patient Verification $4.99
- Any Rush/Urgent Verification $1 Additional
- $200 set-up charges waived until March 31, 2021.
Don’t let dental insurance come across as a barrier in your patients’ way of receiving treatment. Schedule a consultation with us to learn more on the benefits of having an insurance support team on board.