Dental Insurance Verification
Insurance verification is the process of verifying the patient’s eligibility, active benefits and coverage with the insurance companies to prevent billing issues.
For any dental practice, successful billing is entirely dependent on correct and complete dental insurance verification (IV). Owing to the increase in the number of people getting insured, it has become difficult for several practices to manage the dental insurance verification (IV) workload in-house.
Our experts undertake the process of verifying patients’ eligibility, active benefits and coverage with the insurance company for you. To prevent claim rejection, it is important to get dental insurance verification done before rendering services as there are chances of patient’s benefits being outdated, patient having incorrect information or the policy being terminated or modified. Any such information could get the claim denied.
Our experts work round-the-clock to obtain information from insurances through website and fax. They also call them regularly to get every patient’s history as it affects treatment planning. They take care of all these tasks so that you can focus on your patients without any worry.
Dental Insurance Eligibility Verification is all about assessing a patient’s active coverage with the insurance provider. It also involves verifying the eligibility of their insurance claims. To ensure approval of the claim, a verification process is done before the patient has already started up with the treatment and other processes.
A patient calls your office to book an appointment for Dental Treatment. Your staff asks them questions about whether his treatment is covered by any Insurance plan. If yes the front office takes details of the insurance coverage which includes:
- Patients Name
- Patients DOB
- Member ID
- Continues / Recall / New Patient etc.
What Happens Next?
Your staff calls the insurance provider. However, due to certain reasons, the call is put on hold. This could be either the representative is busy navigating the information or unable to find the patient’s data. All this ends up taking a lot of time. Meanwhile, your office’s phones are ringing and not being answered because your staff is engrossed figuring out patient’s insurance benefits. Believe it or not, it ain’t that simple!
Here comes the role of dental insurance verification company. You can have Capline’s experts call the insurance company get all the insurance information ready.
So, we will be sitting on the phones and freeing up your staff to do anything else except the verification part because dental insurance verification is our forte.
How Capline Handles Dental Insurance Verification for Your Practice?
Get patient insurance details via an online form
Follow up and verify patient’s benefits
We make sure that your patients are fully informed about what expenses they owe before treatment begins
Our agents call insurance company, verify patient plans, coverage and other required information
We make sure that every details in your record is accurate
We have an IV form for sharing the information with dental offices
- Get patient insurance details via an online form
- Our agents call insurance company, verify patient plans, coverage and other required information
- Follow up and verify patient’s benefits
- We make sure that every details in your record is accurate
- We make sure that your patients are fully informed about what expenses they owe before treatment begins
- We have an IV form for sharing the information with dental offices
Why Is Dental Insurance Verification Important?
For the Practice
- Give clarity on which services are covered and uncovered.
- Gives an overview of the services that the patient needs to be billed or not.
- Helps your staff easily explain the patient’s responsibility on the spot. Speedier cash flow.
- No more guessing around whether your patients will be receiving their reimbursements on time or not.
For the Patient
- Patients are prepared for any extra cost once they verify coverage.
- Patients will be able to create a payment plan, if necessary.
- No more hidden surprises as far as billing is concerned.
- Patients are prepared of the amount they require to pay once the coverage is verified.
- Patients do not deny paying bills. This ultimately turns advantageous for the practice.
Outsourced Dental Insurance Verification OR
In House Dental Insurance Verification:
Which One to Choose?
Why Outsourcing Dental Insurance Verification Makes Sense?
- Dental Insurance verification requires specialized knowledge and skill to get it done in a timely and efficient manner. This is the reason dental offices feel the need to outsource dental insurance verification.
- With the constantly changing policies, it becomes quite obvious for an unexpected fee to be overlooked. Hiring a proficient in the process gives peace of mind and ensures that all tasks are being done correctly.
- It also allows your staff to focus on scheduling the appointment and patient engagement.
- When you have a team that makes the dental insurance verification process easier, you can focus on giving your patients outstanding dental care.
- If your practice experiences higher volume, it is worth outsourcing an expert team who handles all your funds efficiently.
Why In House Dental Insurance Verification Goes Wrong?
- Even the smallest wrong information can lead to the entire form being rejected. If you do not speak to dental insurance verification companies, there are increased chances of errors occurring while fetching patient’s data.
- A lot of time goes wasted in gathering inaccurate data and confirming claims.
- Rejection in claims due to mismatched information.
You don’t want your patients to get annoyed when they realize that their treatment isn’t covered properly. Similarly, you would also not want their forms to get rejected because of an inappropriate detail. This is where outsourcing comes in!
What Is the Process of Dental Insurance Verification?
We are quick at finding out the information from the insurance provider. We match all the details with the insurance representative to ensure that there are no obligations on the part of patients. Our experts call the insurance company to check information like policy holder’s name, policy number, group number, employer’s name, phone number, etc.
We Verify the Following:
- Effective date of coverage
- Coverage terminated? If yes, what date?
- In-network benefits (co-payment amount)
- Deductible amount
- Has deductible been met?
- Co-insurance amount
- Other out-of-pocket expense
- Benefits for treatment?
- Is a referral necessary?
- Is prior-authorization necessary?
- Out-of-network benefits?
- Out-of-network financial responsibilities?
- History of Services
Why Choose Capline Dental Services for Dental Patient Eligibility Verification?
Capline Dental Services is one of the fastest growing dental insurance verification companies in the USA. Over the past few years we have successfully helped many dental practitioners with dental insurance eligibility verification. We perform comprehensive verification of claims submitted with respect to the underlying insurance criteria. This helps in verifying whether the patient is eligible for the service or not and if any portion of the cost will be borne by them. By outsourcing insurance verification to Capline dental practitioners and dental offices not only save on infrastructure and administration staff expense but can give their entire focus to patient care.
Below is a list of reasons to choose Capline Dental Services for Insurance Verification:
Certified Dental Insurance Verification Company
All the healthcare services we provide are HIPAA compliant conforming to the guidelines laid out through international standardization for nationwide compliance.
With our experienced staff we are able to complete the verification in the quickest of times so that we do not keep the patient’s waiting.
High Quality of Service and Accuracy
Our team of experts ensures that every step of the way you get high quality of service as per insurance best practices with accurate results by employing state of the art software and advanced technology.
Every type of patient information stored in our systems is accessible only to authorized personnel as we offer the highest level of data security for all documentation.
With the growth of any practice comes more responsibility which is why we can easily increase our process rate as your patient inflows increase to maintain the same speed of revenue management as well as patient care.
Single Point Contact
We offer single point contact for all our patient queries so that they get the solution or answer right away for the problem they are facing or the information they want.
Flexible Pricing Options
We offer flexible pricing options as per the needs of our individual practice so that you get the best value for money.
We offer 24/7 availability as you can contact us at any time be it via phone, email or chat to give you instant solutions and information.
Hire Capline to Outsource Dental Insurance Verification Services
We are sincerely dedicated to providing the best customer experience to all our patients as we think of their problems as that of our own. Our team of experienced professionals processes the documentation to the insurance provider in a jiffy and tallies all the necessary patient information against their coverage plan. After this they convey to the patient whether they will be fully covered for the treatment they plan to seek or not. When you choose us you are not just minimizing risks that can occur with dental insurance verification, you are completely eliminating them outright. Apart from dental insurance eligibility verification we also provide billing and collection, credentialing, patient statement and other services for smooth revenue cycle management.
What Is the Turnaround Time?
Normal IV: The standard turn around to complete a normal IV is up to 48 hours and also depends upon the insurance companies call volume which may result in longer wait time on the IVR.
Rush IV: Any IV reported within a time frame of 2 hours to 24 hours prior to the patient’s appointment time will be considered as a rush IV, our turn around time is up to 2 hours from the time of entering the patient’s information in the IV tracker.
What Is the Cost of Getting IV Done Through Capline Dental Services?
Our rates are economical.
- New Patient Verification $4.99
- Any Rush/Urgent Verification $1 Additional
- $200 set-up charges waived
Don’t let dental insurance come across as a barrier in your patients’ way of receiving treatment. Schedule a consultation with us to learn more on the benefits of having an insurance support team on board.
Frequently Asked Questions – Insurance Verification Service
We add different codes (a letter) for different statuses on your appointment description, which you can see on the appointment book without opening the appointment.
'V' - Verification Completed (Nothing else to be done)
'I' - Incomplete information (In this case, read the note in the appointmnet to see what’s missing such as DOB or Sub ID or Insurance Name, etc. Please provide of necessary information and remove ‘I’ and our Team will verify the patient immediately.
'N' - No Active Policy (When staff sees this code, call patient and see if patient has any new policy or any changes to the policy, update the Practice Management software and remove code. Our Team will verify the patient immediately.