The current age of Internet demands any business to have a flourishing web presence. The same goes for a dental practice too. If your practice’s website is not optimized properly, you might be losing patients and falling behind the competition. SEO gets organic traffic from search engines or you can say that it makes your website readable to popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. According to the research, 80% of customers use search engines to locate any dental practice.
Visitors on the web look for practice address, business hours, reviews and direction. There is a tough competition amongst practices to compete for businesses within a 10 mile radius of their location. To allow your practice sustain in this competitive web space, it is important to take care of some of the SEO basics that will bring in new patients and also let you stay connected with your current patients.
SEO Techniques to Optimize Your Website
- Keywords are at the heart of SEO, So, the first thing you need to do is make a list of 10 short terms associated with your service. You can take help from Google’s Keyword Planner Tool to identify search volume and come up with variations.
- Create a separate website page to rank for keywords. This web page must have relevant information created keeping your prospects in mind. Also include pictures and links to pages on your site. This helps in improving the overall user experience too. It is important to target the location in the content along with top keywords.
- Maintaining consistency is important in every page of the website. Make sure the words, punctuation are exactly the same everywhere. Also include your hours of operation, driving directions. This makes it easy for search engines to easily find your site and helps patients see what they want to see the moment they click through.
- As discussed above, online reviews act as a powerful tool to bring in new patients to your practice. Make use of reviews to optimize for local traffic as they lead to more visits. The higher local search rankings, the more will be traffic and revenue for your practice.
- NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number) should be consistent across all channels. Local keywords should be used in heading tag, URL’s, title tags and content.
- Link Google map listing to your website. Another important method to attract visitors is blogging. It helps in ranking for keywords and engaging your website’s users.
- Having a website that is optimized for mobile usage is another critical factor to consider.
SEO is an important element of a successful online reputation. It doesn’t happen overnight, however an ongoing investment will help you to bring more traffic and targeted visitors. Ultimately, a proper website experience might lead to an exponential increase in collections of your dental practice.